How many of you are asking this, I know I have been. Have we become so comfortable with touch and being close that now we are forced to put distance between ourselves and others. As a person who suffers from PTSD I personally have been avoiding large groups and even in a large group I try to create a bit of a bubble (distance) but that just my disease.
I think the most positive thing to say about this time is to remain calm, yea what happens when someone tells me to remain calm….How am I going to do that.
1. Watch less of the news about the virus, it’s good to be informed but not obsessed.
2. Find projects that I have had on the back burner and work on them, like this blog.
3. Do something I enjoy.. read a book, paint, sew, cook.
4. Find a movie even if it’s one I have seen before and set back and enjoy it
5. Have a quiet conversation with your family.
6. Play some board games or cards with your family
7. Listen to music and get up and dance no one’s watching
8. I f you are missing social contact… there are several programs to do face to face talking.
So with this list I think I might just find something worth keeping me busy during this time of Social Distancing. I bet you can have a list of your own if not feel free to use some ideas on my list.
All I can say is DO NOT PANIC, stay centered and breathe.